does anyone want a pen pal?
It’s so good to uncover how I really like to spend my time. Not how I used to like to spend my time, or how I think I should spend my time. No, finding out what I like to do right now. And realizing that might change too. Maybe in a month, I’ll take up crocheting or meditation or whatever and it’s perfectly OKAY. (because life is giant experiment and hanging onto things is silly)
Normally, I have a subtle aversion to the 3-4 o’clock time of everyday. Unless I’m too preoccupied to notice (example: when I’m at work…) Today I filled the time with so many little bits that I know I love. I just had everything about that confirmed. I sat down to write a list and that soothed me. I made this white tea called “Sense of Peace”, and then I baked. I ended up talking on the phone with a friend and that was really nice. I did everything slowly and carefully and enjoyed every little bit. I love licking the batter when I bake and I love the pattern I fall into of silently promising myself I won’t have any of my creation until after dinner or whatever the next proper meal is. And then breaking that (ha!) I love listening to my music when I bake. I am going to do a few more things in what’s left of the day. I just wanted to pause and admire what already happened. And write mostly about the confirmation that I really really like afternoon tea and baking. A lot. I think this what this all boils down too hahah
Hope your days have been nothing shy of lovely, friends xx
one of my mom’s new favorite phrases to say is “my bad”
which I find really funny because back in high school, I’d occasionally be like “My b!” And my parents, naturally, would be confused. So I’d elaborate and be like “my bad…I was trying to say…my bad”
and my mom would go “you’re not bad honey! It’s okay”
i leave this here
Being a “product of their times” is no excuse. Never let someone off the hook for bigotry.
- I tried a new smoothie at jamba juice today that was called “carrot orange fusion” and it was so good. It had chia seeds, soy milk bananas, mango, orange juice …I kind of forget what else. Obviously carrots too. I’m glad I had a gift card too because it made it feel ~free~
- I went to run errands with my mom in the afternoon and we bought a new flavor of Pretzel Crisps! Because I’m a lame and read up on Pretzel Crisps (i.e. look over Amazon customer reviews and the official Pretzel Crsips Facebook page in my free time) I knew that Jalapeño Jack was a newish flavor and not all the stores had them. That made them super intriguing (am I right) so naturally I had to get them. I have to say, they did not disappoint. Plus I love spicy things sooooo
- Lol after dinner (my brother came over again YAY YAYA YAYAYAY) my dad INSISTED we try his beloved talenti gelato and my mom put together little sampling dishes for us because my dad has like 3 or so flavors. My brother and dad like the coconut flavor. I like the vanilla one.
- Also my mom picked up bagels from this place that we used to always get bagels at growing up aw 3 cheers for nostalgia
- I really feel like so much of today had to do with food
A girl just told me that boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider and I had no come back. I just got owned by an 8 year old
She followed this up with ‘girls go to college to get more knowledge’ so this kid is clearly all about smashing the patriarchy through rhyme and I respect that